Popular presentations include:
1. Boundaries for Your Soul
You need to be able to set healthy boundaries with others. But when you try, you start feeling guilty. In this presentation, Kim teaches you to:
- Transform challenging thoughts and feelings into your greatest allies.
- Resolve disagreements with others, successfully navigating emotional conflict.
- Discern God’s loving guidance during life’s inevitable trials and challenges.
“Kim has challenged me in ways that are truly changing my heart. I’ve told my family, some of the executives at our companies, and many others about her words. Thank you so much for sharing and modeling forgiveness, Kim. It’s really been such a blessing."
Co-Founder and President, Venture
2. Become The Most Peaceful Person You Know
Many clients come to therapy for anxiety and depression. Strong emotions, they say, often seem to arise from "out of the blue." It’s hard to know what to do when challenging feelings threaten to derail you. Kim shares proven tools to:
- Avoid burnout and live with a sustainable sense of purpose and harmony.
- Increase your ability to serve others by cultivating a strong inner life.
- Help you find lasting peace, with yourself and others.
3. How to Take a You-Turn
When conflict detonates a frenzy of emotion, the typical response is to become reactive and to focus on the person who has wounded you—your spouse, boss, child, friend, and so on. In his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus addressed this tendency to blame others, challenging the crowd to "First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye" (Matt. 7:5). Jesus wants you to get to know the state of your soul, which is where taking a You-Turn can help.
In this presentation, Kim shares:
- The Five Steps of taking a You-Turn.
- How to gain clarity about your conflicted thoughts and feelings so you can respond intentionally instead of feeling overwhelmed.
- How to develop a compassionate posture toward yourself.
“Living with overwhelm—internal and external—is among life’s most relentless and wearisome realities. Far too often the chaos without matches the cacophony within. With the courage to delve into the oft unruly and misunderstood realm of the soul, Alison Cook and Kimberly Miller point our divergent parts to Christ Jesus’ invitation to his followers: ‘Come unto me…’ Here is a treatise that gracefully weaves together theory and Scripture, personal experiences with professional insights, and the wisdom of social scientists with the power of the Holy Spirit into one accessible tome. Cook and Miller have given us a gift"
Kanyere Eaton, MSW, MDiv
Senior Pastor Of Fellowship Covenant Church, Bronx, NY
"Our culture often eschews boundaries and limits in the name of freedom, success, or power. Yet people without boundaries bring damage on themselves and others. And in the process they sabotage the very freedom, success, and power they want. Cook and Miller provide an accessible path to understanding why boundaries are hard and how we can grow through integrating them into our lives. I continually found myself saying, ‘Thank you for these questions. Thank you for this insight. Thank you for giving names to the fault lines in the soul and the landmines in relationships.’ If you are interested in transformation and seeing people change, this book is a must-read.”