“The Internal Family Systems model is a trusted method of psychotherapy that seeks to bring emotional growth by differentiating between the many complex parts of our personalities. Boundaries for Your Soul delivers the good news that we don’t have to be controlled by our strong emotions. This thoughtful book is a rigorously compassionate, biblically-informed manual that can help you discover your true self in the choppy waters of life’s ever-changing circumstances.”
Songwriter and musician
It may help to think of your troubling thoughts and feelings (like anger, guilt, and discouragement) as representing competing parts of your soul that need your care. You can care for your soul by reshaping your conflicting thoughts and emotions, and inevitably your actions too. In doing so, you’re taking responsibility for creating and maintaining strong internal and external boundaries.
As we journey through the process of establishing healthy boundaries with the various parts of your soul, you’ll discover that the better you become at establishing internal boundaries, the better you’ll become at setting healthy boundaries with others too.
As I work with you to establish healthy internal boundaries, you’ll:
- Be realistic about your limitations and have a clear sense of your own values, vision, mission, and priorities.
- Be true to the person God created you to be and to the work he has planned for you to do.
- Understand that the health of your relationships and the sustainability of your service depend on your ability to lead the various dimensions of your soul in partnership with the God who created them.
Through my counseling work and in my own life, I’ve seen firsthand how powerful this approach is, and I believe it can change your life, too.
The majority of my counseling practice is devoted to my specialty of working with:
- Social Entrepreneurs
I’m also trained and experienced in the use of other effective counseling tools. For example, I enjoy:
- Providing premarital counseling, using the Prepare/Enrich* curriculum
- Marital counseling using the Imago, Gottman*, and Internal Family Systems (IFS)* models
- Helping clients reach their full potential, using the Enneagram and Myers-Briggs personality assessments
*Indicates that Kim is certified in this area.
I have earned degrees at Davidson College (BA in Religious Studies), Regent College (MTh) and Azusa Pacific University (MA in Clinical Psychology).
In addition to in-person appointments, in some situations I’m able to work with clients via telephone or videoconference. My hourly rate is $150 for a 50-minute session. I am not on insurance panels, so I am considered an “out-of-network” provider by insurers. Payment, in the form of cash, check, or Venmo, is due at the time of service.
Kim is now accepting new clients.
Please complete the form below. We will contact you as soon as possible.